Monday, December 5, 2011

Autumn Chopped Salad & Poppy Seed Salad Dressing

I have a new obsession: Pinterest. It is so much fun! It was on Pinterest that I found this beautiful salad with pears, cranberries, pecans, and feta, and knew I had to try it. The recipe calls for two dressings - poppy seed and balsamic vinaigrette. Since I don't use store bought dressings because of their mysterious ingredients, I decided to come up with my own poppy seed dressing for this yummy looking salad. I have since made this salad twice - in one week! Instead of using both dressings, I used just the poppy seed dressing, and it was great.

Click here to go to the Autumn Chopped Salad. 

Poppy Seed Salad Dressing
1/3 cup white wine vinegar
2/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp dry ground mustard
2 green onions, white parts removed
1/4 cup +  1 Tbsp agave nectar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp poppy seeds

1. Combine vinegar, dry ground mustard, green onions, agave nectar, and salt in a blender and blend on high until combined.
2. Reduce speed to medium, and very slowly drizzle in olive oil. 
3. Once combined, turn blender off and stir in poppy seeds.
4. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment