Friday, November 4, 2011

Against the Grain Pizza


I recently stumbled upon Against the Grain Gourmet frozen pizzas while on a trip to Whole Foods. I checked the ingredients and, to my surprise, there were no grains at all! They are true to their name "Against the Grain," and use no alternative grain flours. The only flour in their pizza crust is Tapioca Starch! There are also no gums or binders. The pizza comes with tomato sauce and a mix of parmesan, cheddar, and mozzarella cheeses. All ingredients are safe for me to eat, and this pizza is delicious. I like to add my own toppings (usually some extra freshly grated parmesan, Applegate Naturals pepperoni, mushrooms, and red onions). We cook it directly on the oven rack for 15 minutes to get the crust nice and crispy, and it is divine! I'm thrilled to have found this grain-free pizza for an occasional dinner treat, and I highly recommend it to you.

Against the Grain pizzas come in two kinds - Three Cheese and Pesto. Several Whole Foods locations in Houston carry them in the frozen section (I have found them at both the Montrose location and Bellaire location). Make sure to call the Whole Foods near you to double check for and/or request Against the Grain!

No comments:

Post a Comment