Thursday, November 17, 2011

Beef and Bean Chili


This simple chili recipe from Whole Foods is easy to make and perfect for fall. It has a short ingredient list, as well as only 10-15 minutes of prep time. I always purchase grass-fed beef (see why here) , as well as organic beans, onions, tomato sauce, garlic, and spices. The chili makes our home smell so delicious while it is simmering! My hubby gets so excited when he comes home and smells chili cooking. I like to make a double batch and freeze the extras in individual serving containers to take for lunches; it is always a good idea to plan ahead for gluten-free lunch at work!

Tips: 
When I make this chili, I use an entire 15 oz. can of both kidney and black beans. I have found that adding the spices at the same time as the meat, rather than before, is much easier. I omit the cilantro and the hot pepper sauce, and instead serve with grated organic cheddar cheese on the top. I highly recommend this easy gluten-free, grain-free chili!

No comments:

Post a Comment