Sunday, November 27, 2011

Roasted Carrot Salad


I am so excited to share this recipe with you! My hubby and I have been getting carrots in our produce share from Rawfully Organic Co-Op every week for almost two months now. While carrots are great, and I enjoy carrots, we had so many carrots in our fridge that I didn't know what to do! We couldn't seem to eat (or smoothie) them fast enough. So last week, I decided it was time to find a recipe that featured carrots - and lots of them. After some quick googling, I came upon this amazing roasted carrot salad. Oh my goodness. It is delicious AND easy AND gluten free! The only change I made was to substitute feta cheese for blue cheese, which is sometimes aged on bread and therefore not safe for people with gluten intolerance. Feta was a great substitute!

Here is a link to the original recipe: Roasted Carrot Salad: Allrecipes.com

I will be making this again soon - and I can't wait! Who knew that carrots, almonds, feta, cranberries, and arugula would all taste good together?!? I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment