Saturday, January 7, 2012

Almond Crusted Tilapia


My friend Jamie is pretty awesome. She found this recipe and was nice enough to allow me to share it with all of you! Jamie and her husband are some of our closest friends. They are vegetarians (well, they eat fish, so that makes them pescatarians?), and they have recently gone gluten-free. Jamie knows so much about cooking and about eating organic; she was a huge help to me when I started changing the way I eat. A few months ago, she and her husband had me and the hubby over for dinner. She altered a recipe from the blog Green Lite Bites to be grain-free, and it was delicious! I have made it half a dozen times since that night, and I hope you enjoy it as well. Thank you, Jamie, for this delicious and healthy tilapia recipe!

Almond Crusted Tilapia (adapted from Green Lite Bites)
1/2 cup almond flour
2 Tbs whole flaxseeds
2 Tbs freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional if you are dairy-free)
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp nutmeg
pinch salt and pepper
1 pound tilapia filets (3-6, depending on the size)

1. Line a baking sheet with foil. Turn oven to Broil.
2. Combine all ingredients except tilapia in a shallow dish (I use a pie plate).
3. Press each tilapia filet into mixture and coat evenly on all sides.
4. Place tilapia on foil-lined baking sheet.
5. Place baking sheet on rack in middle of the oven. Do not place close to the top.
6. Boil fish for 3-4 minutes per side.

No comments:

Post a Comment