Friday, October 28, 2011

Cauliflower Rice


Back in high school, my mom decided that we should all go on the South Beach Diet as a family. One night, she made Mashed Cauliflower, which was supposed to taste like Mashed Potatoes. Our whole family (including my mom) decided the mushy cauliflower tasted nothing like delicious mashed potatoes, and we never had that recipe again.

I was skeptical when I first saw this recipe for Cauliflower "Rice" on Elana's Pantry. Rice is not something I ate frequently during my grain-eating days, so I did not feel the need to substitute anything else for it. However, I was interested in getting more veggies into my diet, and cauliflower seemed like a good new vegetable to try. This recipe is amazing - it tastes so much like rice and has lots of flavor. It is one of my hubby's favorite side dishes.

It is easy to make, and you can process the cauliflower in a blender in small batches if you do not have a food processor - just be sure to watch it carefully. Elana's recipe serves four; click here to go to the recipe. Enjoy this healthy and delicious side dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment